I am a psychological therapist accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the UK and Ireland EMDR Association. After a career firstly in the military and then in commerce as a management consultant, I have retrained in a field where the sole aim is to relieve psychological distress in others.
I am particularly interested in the most effective approaches that lead to long lasting change, and recognise that the field of therapy is very diverse, alongside the outcomes and ‘value for money’ that clients receive. It is for these reasons that I utilise EMDR as part of my integrative approach to therapy – deep change is possible in just a few sessions. Read some testimonials here.
I therefore focus on using the most effective therapies, focus on continual self-improvement, and rigorously monitor the outcomes of my clients.
Although I now have 4 degrees and am working towards a PhD, I believe in life long learning and never standing still!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Foundation degree in Therapeutic Counselling – awarded Distinction
- BA (Hons) degree in Integrative Counselling – awarded 1st Class Honours
- Trained in EMDR Part 1-3 and 2 years experience working in NHS providing trauma treatment
- Member UK and Ireland EMDR Association
- Member UK Psychological Trauma Society
- Facilitated a trauma support group for a Cheltenham based charity called Suicide Crisis.
- Experience working within the NHS 2gether Mental Health Trust, a charitable counselling agency and in private practice.