I am a psychological therapist accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and as a Consultant by EMDR Europe. After a career firstly in the military and then in commerce as a management consultant, I have retrained in a field where the sole aim is to relieve psychological distress in others.
I am particularly interested in the most effective approaches that lead to long lasting change, and recognise that the field of therapy is very diverse, alongside the outcomes and ‘value for money’ that clients receive. I therefore focus on the most effective therapeutic approaches and it is for these reasons that I utilise EMDR as part of my integrative approach to therapy – deep change is possible in just a few sessions. Read some testimonials here.
I have also recently completed my PhD which was about a brief and powerful self-help intervention to resolve traumatic nightmares, which are a surprisingly common problem.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Accredited by EMDR Europe as a Consultant
- Awarded PhD by the Anglia Ruskin University Veterans and Families Institute
- BA (Hons) degree in Integrative Counselling – awarded 1st Class Honours
- Foundation degree in Therapeutic Counselling – awarded Distinction
- Member UK Psychological Trauma Society
- Facilitated a trauma support group for a Cheltenham based charity called Suicide Crisis.
- Experience working within the NHS 2gether Mental Health Trust, a charitable counselling agency and in private practice.